Event Control Example
Very frequently, you would like only selected events to trigger actions and messages or to store an event sequence. Open the Event Selection dialog to control actions and recordings.
- The camera shall record for ten minutes after the user has triggered a User Click (UC) event.
- In addition, the camera shall react to movements within the motion detection window and start recording.
- If the camera detects a video motion event, it shall also send an e-mail message and include the current live image as attachment.
Note: Store the values of the dialogs you opened by clicking on Set at the bottom of the dialog, then on Close and store the entire configuration in the camera's Flash memory).
- In the General Event Settings dialog, enable the Arming option.
- In the Event Overview dialog, activate a Video Motion event in the Image Analysis group, and a User Click in the Signal group. These events are predefined and active in the MOBOTIX factory configuration.
- Make sure that all events will start a recording in the Recording dialog.
- In the E-Mail Profiles dialog, create a profile with an e-mail address to which to send the message. Enter a unique name for the profile (e.g. "
- In the Attachment selection box, select Image and in the Image Profile selection box, select Live or Event Image.
- Make sure that you have entered valid access data in the Server Settings section of the profile (SMTP Server, user name, password), so that the camera can actually send the e-mail.
- In the Action Group Overview dialog, create a new action group (Add new group button at the bottom of the dialog) and change the proposed name (e.g. "
- Click on the Edit button of the action group you just added.
- In the Event Selection box, select the VM - Video Motion value.
- Click on the Add new action button at the bottom of the dialog.
- In the Action Type and Profile selection box, select the e-mail profile you just created (E-Mail: Test Mail).
- In the Live screen of the camera in the browser, click on the UC Event button.
The camera now tries to send an e-mail with an attached image to the e-mail address specified in the e-mail profile.
© 2001-2019 MOBOTIX AG, Germany · http://www.mobotix.com/